“Increasing complexity” is the way to describe the projects of most companies today, thus making many project managers to always face tough challenges. If you are heading a project or leading a team, you will know that it is important to always complete your project and its tasks, strictly following norms and managing resources efficiently. To be successful as a project manager, you need to have clearly-defined goals, and be more insightful and analytical. A good way of being able to do this is to become PMP certified. This will help you in applying best practices in project management – a prerequisite for becoming a better project manager.
Getting PMP Certified
If you want project manager certification you can get it easily if you meet all the criteria. If you want to know how to get PMP certified, there are these steps you can take to obtain certification.
- To begin you have to meet the basic requirements to be eligible; which is 4,500 hours of time doing project management. This has to be in a leadership role or directive position.
- You also need thirty five hours of class work or education. These classes can be taken online or in an actual classroom.
- Now you can go online to learn how to get PMP certified.
- The first thing you need to do to start the process of obtaining certification is to create an account in your name.
- With this process you have to enter personal information, mailing and business information as well.
- At this time you will create a username and password and it is imperative that you remember this information for future use. You need to put this information somewhere that you will remember because you will need it the day of your exam.
- Now it is time to apply for PMP credentials online. Just complete the online application thoroughly and completely. It is important to fill in all the spaces and do not leave questions unanswered. When you have finished you will receive an exam schedule.
- There should be a testing center near you and you will have a variety of options when choosing a center. It is smart to choose the center nearest to you if they meet your needs.
- Now you need to reserve your date. If you do not reserve your date then you will not be able to take your exam.
- On the day of the test you will arrive and take a computer administered test. You will probably not receive your score that day but will be notified that you failed or passed as soon as the information is available.
It is easy to find out how to get PMP certified and you can do so if you can verify that you have met all the criteria. Project manager certification can help you get a better paying job and put you on the road to success quickly. There are many positions available for this type of work and the pay is very good. You can get the job you have always wanted with PMP certification.